- 2 cups sweet potatoes or yams, peeled and cut into 1" cubes
- 3 TBS butter
- 1 TBS Olive Sprig Persian Lime Olive Oil
- 1 Serrano chili, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 TBS Olive Sprig Serrano Honey Specialty Vinegar
- Pistachios, roughly chopped for garnish
Place the sweet potato or yam cubes into a medium stockpot and cover them with cold water. Bring it to a boil, and then simmer until the cubes are fork tender (about 6-8 minutes). Then drain.
Melt butter with Persian Lime Olive Oil in the stockpot. Once the butter is melted, add the sliced Serrano chili and sauté for a few seconds. Add Serrano Honey Vinegar and brown sugar to the stockpot and cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until the sugar has melted and the mixture has slightly thickened. Immediately add the drained sweet potatoes and stir them to coat. Turn the heat to low and continue cooking until the sweet potatoes are fully cooked and coated well with the mixture.
Spoon the potatoes into a serving vessel and spoon the reserve sauce on top and sprinkle with pistachios to finish.